On hot summer days out at the campground you are going to want fresh meals to prepare for your family. This summer mahi mahi is the perfect dish to keep everyone full and feeling refreshed. Try it the next time you go camping!
Recipe adapted from one on FoodNetwork.com
- 1 yellow zucchini or yellow squash
- Kosher salt
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 minced jalapeno pepper
- The juice of 2 limes
- 2/3 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsps of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps of ground coriander
- 8 skinless mahi mahi fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Freshly ground pepper
- Quarter the zucchini lengthwise, then thinly slice with a knife or mandoline.
- Transfer the zucchini to a colander set over a bowl and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Let this drain 15 minutes.
- Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and half of the cilantro in a bowl.
- Set it aside 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Mix the cumin and coriander in a small bowl.
- Brush the fish all over with olive oil, then rub with the spice mixture and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish until it has marks or for about 4 minutes.
- Flip the filets and continue cooking until firm, or 2 to 4 more minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Stir the remaining cilantro into the zucchini mixture and season with salt.
- Spoon over the fish, serve, and enjoy!
Contact us today so we can help you find the perfect RV for your next family camping trip!